Parentline is a service of BoysTown, which proudly provides safety, compassion, education, understanding and - perhaps most important of all – hope for the future, to young Australians.
BoysTown was established in 1961 by the De La Salle Brothers as a boys residential school in Queensland. We now provide a wide range of services nationally for boys, girls and young families.
While we may have changed how we deliver our care over the years, our commitment firmly remains in providing support for the most disadvantaged young people in our society.
In the LaSallian tradition, BoysTown's core values are:
- Being a brother and sister to all: the importance of the quality of relationships between BoysTown and the people it serves, and within the members of the BoysTown community
- Faith and zeal: a strong faith dimension which is critical to the quality of BoysTown services and an important motivating force
- Professionalism: the importance of maintaining high standards of quality in everything that BoysTown does
- Perseverance in service: ‘standing by’ the people served by BoysTown
- Innovation and resourcefulness: the courage to be at the forefront of finding new, creative and efficient responses to the most urgent needs of young people